The citizenship application is $640 PLUS $85 for fingerprinting.
If you, your spouse, or the head of household living with you are currently receiving means-tested public benefits (e.g., Medicaid, Food Stamps), you may qualify for a full waiver. A means-tested benefit is a public benefit where the agency granting the benefit considers your income and resources.
- You must provide evidence that you are currently receiving a means-tested benefit. Computer printouts are acceptable as long as they include the required information. This evidence should be in the form of a letter, notice, or other official document that contains the required information, including:
- Your name,
- The name of the agency granting you the public benefit,
- The type of benefit, and
- An indication that you are currently receiving the benefit (for example, the date granted, expiration date, and/or date of renewal, if available).
For more information on the fee waiver, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/feewaiver
If you have low income, you may qualify for a fee reduction.
- To apply, you must show:
- A copy of your most recent Federal tax return;
- If you did not file a Federal tax return, or if your Federal tax return does not properly reflect your current income, submit copies of consecutive pay statements (stubs) for a minimum of the past month, recent Form W-2, Form SSA-1099, or statements from your employers on business stationery showing salary or wages paid;
- If you are a student and not living with your parents or are not claimed as a dependent on your parents’ Federal tax return, do not include your parents’ incomes. You should only provide proof of your income or documentation that shows you are not required to file a Federal or state tax return, such as proof that you are a full-time student as supporting documentation;
If you are claiming financial hardship, you may qualify for a fee waiver.
- At the FNA Citizenship Clinics, we only work with means-tested public benefits and low income options. Click here for more information uscis.gov/i-912
Please be aware that we do not provide Financial Hardship assistance, for other methods of payments contact