Bay Area Legal Services Inc. – Tampa
Bay Area Legal Services provides free civil legal help to eligible residents of their five-county service area. They generally assist only applicants who have limited income and assets, and who are permanent legal residents of the United States. However, eligibility exceptions may apply to seniors, domestic violence victims, and certain other qualified applicants.
BALS offers applicants the option to apply for services online or over the telephone (except those applying for help with filing a domestic violence injunction, if you need help with an injunction, click here). The online application can provide Information about whether they can help with your specific legal issue 24 hours a day.
Alternatively, to find out if you qualify for free legal services and to schedule an appointment over the telephone, call their Legal Aid Line, Monday - Friday, 8:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.:
- 813.232.1343 (Hillsborough County residents)
- 1.800.625.2257 (Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, and Sarasota counties)
- 1.800.955.8771 /TTY
(813) 232-1343, www.bals.org
Brevard County Legal Aid Inc. – Rockledge
They provide services to financially eligible clients in the following areas of law:
- Family Law
- Free Foreclosure Assistance
- Domestic Violence
- Consumer cases that exceed small claims
- Bankruptcy (if debt exceeds $10,000 and more than 50% is medical bills)
- Landlord/Tenant (Tenant must be current on rent)
(321) 631-2500, www.brevardcountylegalaid.org
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida Inc. – Daytona Beach
The CLSMF HELPline is an attorney-staffed telephone advice, brief services, pro se and referral system serving low income and senior people throughout Central Florida. Eligible clients will receive immediate legal advice and brief services, and ineligible callers will be offered private bar and social service referrals. 1-800-405-1417
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida’s HELPline serves eligible citizens in the following counties: Brevard, Citrus, Flagler, Hernando, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Putnam, Seminole, Sumter and Volusia.
Monday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m
(386) 255-6573, toll-free (800) 405-1417, www.clsmf.org
Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association Inc. – Orlando
You may call for legal assistance at Call: 407-841-8310, and then please choose option 1.
|What They Handle|
|What They Do Not Handle|
(407) 841-8310, www.legalaidocba.org
Legal Aid of Manasota Inc. – Sarasota
Legal Aid of Manasota provides free civil legal services to residents of Sarasota and Manatee counties who have limited income and assets. To find out if you qualify please call one of their offices or apply online using their website.
Areas of law they help with:
(941) 366-0038, http://www.legalaidofmanasota.org/
Gulfcoast Legal Services Inc. – Clearwater
GLS provides services in the following areas: Financial Stability Advocacy, Housing Advocacy, Family/Domestic Violence Advocacy, and Immigration Advocacy.
GLS places special emphasis on helping the following vulnerable populations within Pinellas, Manatee, and Sarasota Counties:
- Seniors (age 60+)
- Families with School-Age Children
- Persons Experiencing Homelessness
- Ex-Offenders Re-Entering Society*
- LGBTQ+ Individuals
Visit their website to request legal assistance.
(727) 443-0657, www.gulfcoastlegal.org
Community Law Program – St. Petersburg
Community Law Program provides free civil legal services to financially eligible residents and qualified non-profit organizations in Pinellas County, Florida. Apply online or via their hotline to receive assistance.
(727) 582-7480, www.lawprogram.org
Seminole County Bar Association Legal Aid Society Inc. – Longwood
The following are the steps to take to see if their office can assist you:
- Dial office number: (407) 834-1660
- A staff member will determine if you appear eligible and if your case aligns with their services.
- Should your case meet then guidelines, then they will schedule an interview with an application specialist.
- After your interview and upon your application being complete, the office will contact you within 21-days via email with a decision on your application.
- If your application is approved, services will be delivered by any of the following methods:
- Full legal representation
- A one-time only consultation (counsel and advice) by staff attorney or pro bono attorney
- Brief Services by staff attorney or pro bono attorney
- Assigned to an education presentation workshop
- If your application is denied, you will receive referrals to other legal aid providers or other social service providers or obtain information about self-help legal alternatives and other resources.
(407) 834-1660, http://scbalas.com/