Traveling in the State of Florida should be done with caution.
Your citizenship or “papers” may be requested at anytime while traveling in:
- Miami, Bay, Brevard, Charlotte, Columbia, Hernando, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lee, Manatee, Monroe, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Santa Rosa, Sarasota, Suwannee, and Walton;
- Airports in the State of Florida;
- Seaports in the State of Florida; and
- 7-Eleven Gas Stations or 7-Eleven Convenience stores.
Please be aware that these counties, including 7-Eleven Gas Stations and Convenience stores are considered to be “high risk” areas.
Have you decided to travel in the State of Florida? Follow this Safety Plan
- Memorize the phone number of your attorney;
- Discuss a plan with loved ones regarding care/custody of children, pets, property, and belongings;
- Send a text message to 313131 to stay connected and receive Text Message Alerts (standard rates may apply);
- Click here to learn more about your rights Know Your Rights.
Need more information about traveling?